LOOKING FOR OUR NEXT PLAIDMATE
If yes…we think a chat is in order.
Are You a Future PLAIDmate?
Do you consistently ask, “What’s Next?”
Are you nimble and able to adapt to rapidly changing situations?
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment?
Think you could be THE PLAID AGENCY’s next Visual Designer?
We’re THE PLAID AGENCY…an award-winning, full-service advertising agency specializing in customer insights, fundamental fierceness and a passion to deliver. We are growing and searching for a highly motivated Visual Designer to join our team. This is a “roll up your sleeves” opportunity to jump in and create, execute and evaluate digital and traditional marketing strategies and initiatives.
As a Visual Designer, you’ll contribute your skills and expertise to a wide variety of projects conceptualizing and executing creative solutions for a variety of media platforms. You’ll be responsible for designing custom graphics for a variety of clients. You must be an enthusiastic, committed team player looking to increase your knowledge base and gain exposure to many industries.
Ideally, you are a self-directed, forward thinker with 3-5 years of experience envisioning and bringing to life creative marketing communication pieces. You must thrive in a collaborative culture designed to make you—and us—the best. We have a driven staff with wildly different career paths. That means that with a great attitude and thirst for knowledge, you’ll be in a position to learn a LOT about client management, the creative process and communicating effectively through design.
Visual Designer Primary Responsibilities:
- Communicate and facilitate the art direction and formatting of design deliverables and produce necessary communication pieces in print, digital/web, and motion environments for a wide range of clients
- Collaborate internally and externally to conceptualize and execute creative solutions that can be translated across various media platforms
- Demonstrate improved design work products through creative critical thinking, implementing and showcasing originality
- Develop and design marketing collateral for both overall themes and individual pieces
- Handle multiple tasks within tight deadlines
- Create conceptual designs that communicate effectively
- Carry design projects from concept through completion
- Demonstrate ability to think creatively and critically
- Work closely with the Creative Director [or project lead] to create accurate price estimates and breakdowns while delivering solutions within budget
- Work efficiently with vendors on the development of needed client materials and sourcing
- Conduct pre- and post-production quality checks
- Maintain cutting-edge industry knowledge and trends
- Support PLAID creative process: best practices, lessons learned and systems/procedures
Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of creative design experience
- BFA/BA from an accredited university in Graphic Design or Fine Arts preferred
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects and Microsoft Office
- Experience in Sketch, InVision, and Project Management platform(s)
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively to solve problems
- Experience with creating across various mediums (digital, print, video, etc)
- Prior agency and/or office experience preferred
- Committed to continuous learning and personal development
Missing a must-have or two? No problem! Convince us why you’re the best candidate!